Current Capacity: 8,286
Current Stand Opened: 26th December 1994 vs Bristol City, League Division One
Stand Replaced: Birmingham Road End Terrace
Known by most simply as the 'Brummie', the Birmingham Road End Stand is the traditional home end for fans at The Hawthorns.
It was originally an uncovered terrace and stayed that way up until 1964 when the roof off the old Handsworth side stand was 'transferred'.
The 1993/94 season saw the terrace used for the last time for the League Division One game against Grimsby Town on April 30.
The current all-seater stand took approximately eight months to build and was opened on Boxing Day 1994 for the League Division One game against Bristol City.
The Birmingham Road End and the Smethwick End stands were built at a reported combined cost of £4.6 million. Walsall based Kendrick Construction Group the company responsible for both structures.
The current capacity of the stand is 8,286 compared to 14,000 the terrace was once capable of housing.
From 1994 up until 2004 the stand was known as the Apollo 2000 Stand due to a sponsorship deal the club signed with the electrical appliance dealer.
1905 A half-time scoreboard is installed at the ground for the first time. It is located at the Birmingham Road End.
1922 Two sets of turnstiles are incorporated into the Birmingham Road End.
1977 New crush barriers are erected and the terraces are reconstructed at the Smethwick and Birmingham Road ends of the ground.
1994 The Birmingham Road End and Woodman Corner terraces are used for the last time on April 30 for the League Division One game against Grimsby Town. The end of the game sees a number of fans taking home their own mementos of the soon to be demolished terraces, including the throstle off the top of the Woodman Corner scoreboard. After an appeal the throstle is returned to the club.
Work starts on turning The Hawthorns into an all-seater stadium, the new Smethwick End Stand is completed first in September followed by the new Birmingham Road End Stand in December.
2009 All seats in the stand are replaced to match the colour of the seats in the East and West stands. The work means an end for the distinctive scarf logo that had been in place since the stand was built.
Click here to view the Birmingham Road End Gallery